My last day my site was down because someone insert some bad code on one the website file and anyone visit the site, it redirect him to other websites that have viruses. So I put it down until I fix it. I am sorry if I cause to you any troubles, but it was not my fault.
Thanks for keep visiting
I’ve been using using Pivot blog since 2005, it is a database based text file, it is a good and powerful blog for people that don’t have database support on their host (You can get basic hosting for $4/month and use it). The challenge for me is to move to a new software is how can I import my all data from Pivot. I decide to go with WordPress and check if I can do the migration process, I did some googling until I found the solution. The steps are very simple:
- Download the latest version of wordPress here
- Read the 5 mins installation guide to install it. (I recommend to install in on another folder not to your root folder (e.g. www.your-domain.com/wordpress/)
- Grab this script file and upload it to the /wordpress/wp-admin/import/ (credits goes to this guy)
- Copy your db folder from Pivot folder with pv_cfg_config.php and paste them to WordPress folder
- Login to your admin console for WordPress, Go to Manage, Import and Choose Pivot
- Follow up the instructions (mapping the users, etc…)
- If everything went fine you have all your posts imported
- Now to solve the Image problem you need to grab this WordPress Plugin from here and remove the ‘.txt
- Open the file and add your image path to the files (e.g.
<img src="$1" alt="$2" align="$3" border="$4" /> change it to <img src="images/$1" alt="$2" align="$3" border="$4" />
- Upload your file to the plugin Directory /wordpress/wp-content/plugins/ and activate it
- Open your website now, Viola, your all Pivot posts are imported to WordPress.. Happy Blogging